Oracle 19C SQL Fundamentals Is a three-day, hands-on course designed to equip you with the fundamental skills needed to set up, run and manage SQL databases using Oracle Database Technology. You will also be discovering all the tools and concepts required to organize data efficiently.
Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly-experienced practitioners who bring years of current"on-the-job" experience into every classroom. Working within in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will develop a practical approach to Oracle Database Technology.
Initially, you will learn about all the key elements of a database and the way Oracle systems facilitate their induction in the system. Then you will discover the tools you can use and the strategies you can implement to store, retrieve, compare and organize data according to your requirements. You will also learn the process of creating simple to complex reports from existing data. By the end of this course, you will also have hands-on knowledge of SQL systems that are required to proceed to other advanced to professional programs.
This course is appropriate for anyone needing to interface with an Oracle database or those needing a general understanding of Oracle database functionality. That would include end users, business analysts, application developers and database administrators.
Attendees should have basic computer skills. A basic knowledge of databases is helpful, but not required.
- Adding Data, Retrieving, Sorting and Organizing a SQL Database:
- The building blocks of a database.
- How to add data to the database.
- The process of retrieving data using SQL functions.
- Multiple methods of sorting and organizing data.
- Using SQL functions to get the required simple to complex output.
- Various strategies for using functions and conditions to organize data.
- Combining Data, Set Operators And Subqueries:
- Consolidating data using multiple functions and group operators.
- Fetching intelligent data reports using simple functions.
- Fetching data from multiple sources in the tables.
- Using Subqueries to compile data as required.
- Using Set operators to create smart data reports
- Data Manipulation and Data Definition Languages in SQL:
- Describing and managing data transaction using Data Definition Language.
- Categorize and review data tables using Data Definition Language.
- Data Dictionary Views and Creating Sequences, Indexes and Views:
- How to manage and query Data Dictionary Views.
- The process of creating and using Sequences.
- How to create various types of Synonyms and Indexes.
- Creating simple and complex views and retrieving data.
- Understanding and using Database Objects and Subqueries:
- Core concept and application of Schema Objects.
- Fetching required data with Subqueries.
- Using Subqueries to organize Data in SQL.
- Data and access control:
- Assigning and revoking data access.
- Managing data access control according to user levels.
- Performing Advanced Level Database operations.
- Using advanced functions and performing data queries.
- Creating and managing time zone-based databases.
Student Materials: Each student will receive a Student Guide with course notes, code samples, software tutorials, diagrams and related reference materials and links (as applicable). Our courses also include step by step hands-on lab instructions and and solutions, clearly illustrated for users to complete hands-on work in class, and to revisit to review or refresh skills at any time. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work.