The Microservices Boot Camp (Extended Edition) is skills-centric, hands-on course geared for architects, engineers, managers and project stakeholders who need to understand the overall process of microservices adoption and implementation. This course focuses on what separates an ad hoc set of services from a managed, vibrant, reusable catalog of microservices. It provides an overview of the entire spectrum from the promise of shattering monolithic computing to the grit of exchanging data. The course presents a clear portrait of how a microservice orientation can fundamentally change the dynamics of how software is developed and "lives" within an enterprise.
Organizations are struggling with how to translate the microservice/DevOps/Continuous Deployment vision into practical terms and concepts. Understanding Microservices: A Technical Overview is designed for enterprise managers and stakeholders who wish to understand what microservices and a microservice-orientation are and how implementing microservices will impact their projects.
Microservices continues the evolution of systems and applications being decomposed into smaller components that work together to accomplish larger business tasks and services. Microservices are single purpose, autonomous, and independently deployable.
This course provides a solid understanding of what microservices bring to the table and how to facilitate the implementation, deployment, and management of microservices.
Throughout the course, students will explore the fundamentals of microservices, learning how to practical scenarios that will arise in microservices development. Working within the microservices architecture, students will gain hands-on experience using Docker and Kubernetes to transform microservices use case to an Internet-scale deployment. Students will also examine the relationship between microservices and DevOps and the microservices development life cycle. The course addresses additional challenges such as scaling, monitoring, securing, and containerizing microservices.
Working in an engaging, hands-on learning, led by our experienced services professional, students will be able to:
· Explain the issues associated large, monolithic applications and how microservices present an opportunity to address many of those issues.
· Adopt, plan or improve your transition to microservices
· Map technical practices to the business strategy behind microservices
· Recognize and use best practices relative to designing and working with microservices
· Navigate different tools for enabling microservices and how to use them
· Communicate with stakeholders, management, and teams regarding needs and expectations around microservices
· Get deep-dive, hands-on practice with Docker and Kubernetes tools for core microservices architecture
· Get hands-on practice with the toolchain in our real-world application labs
· Work with implemented microservices to package, deploy, and manage them.
· Understand and work with the Cloud to scale microservices
· Build more mature DevOps practices through microservice adoption
· Understand how to refactor monolithic systems into more modular, component-based systems
· Apply microservice use cases to continuous integration, delivery
This introductory and beyond-level course explores the terminology, specification, tools, processes and technologies specific to microservices. It is geared for attendees who need to understand, manage and / or implement existing or upcoming microservice projects. In order to gain the most from this course, students currently be working in the IT industry. Basic knowledge of Java programming syntax (used in some of the services labs) is helpful.
Related Training: We offer other courses in this training suite:
- TT7050 Understanding Microservices | A Technical Overview – 1 day
- TT7053 Microservices Engineering Boot Camp – 3 days – subset of the 5 day Camp
- TT7055 Microservices Implementation Boot Camp – 5 days; superset of the 3-day camp with deeper dive topics
- TT7345 Working with Java Microservices – 3 days (for developers)
- And many other services, container, API, DevOps and programming courses – please inquire for details and complete catalog.
Each student will receive a Student Guide with course notes, code samples, software tutorials, diagrams and related reference materials and links (as applicable). Our courses also include step by step hands-on lab instructions and and solutions, clearly illustrated for users to complete hands-on work in class, and to revisit to review or refresh skills at any time. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work.