This course consists of two parts. In the first part of the course students will explore all the fundamentals with a progressive, example-driven approach. You’ll create your first apps, learn how to write components, start handling user interaction, and manage rich forms. We end the first part by exploring the inner workings of Create React App (Facebook’s tool for running React apps), writing automated unit tests, and building a multi-page app that uses client-side routing.
The latter part of the course moves into more advanced concepts that you’ll see used in large, production applications. These concepts explore strategies for data architecture, transport, and management:
- Redux is a state management paradigm based on the Flux architecture. Redux provides a structure for large state trees and allows you to decouple user interaction in your app from state changes.
- GraphQL is a powerful, typed, REST API alternative where the client describes the data it needs.
- Hooks is the powerful, new way to maintain state and properties with functional components and the future of React according to Facebook.
- Students will build Single Page Applications (SPA), create robust routing with error handling, and both class and functional reusable components.
- The lab project will also include the use of form validation.
- The Flux and Redux parts of the lab project will assist the student in understanding the use of advanced state in React.
- The lab project will importantly unit test the application using both Jest and Enzyme.
*Ways To Learn!*
- Attend a Class! For your convenience, this course is available on our online-live Public Schedule. Please see the current scheduled dates listed below. Please ask if you don't see a date you'd prefer. Be also be sure to check out our current Special Offers for extra savings for individuals, small groups or corporate rates for your organization.
- Team Training! We're also happy to deliver this as a private event for your team or organization, tailored to suit your needs. See our Training Solutions page for details.
- Every-Course Extras = High-Value & Long-Term Learning Support! All courses also include our unique EveryCourse Extras package (Post-Course Resource Site access with Review Labs & Live Instructor Follow-on Support, access to QuickSkills recorded High-Value lessons, Free *Live* Course Refresh Re-Takes, early access to Special Offers, Free Courses & more). Please inquire for details.
Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly experienced practitioners who bring years of current "on-the-job" experience into every classroom. Working in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn about and explore:
- A basic and advanced understanding of React components
- An advanced, in-depth knowledge of how React works
- A complete understanding of using Redux
- How to build, validate, and populate interactive forms
- How to use inline styles for perfect looking components
- How to test React components
- How to build and use components
- How to get control of your build process
- A deep understanding of data-driven modeling with props and state
- How to use client-side routing for pages in your apps
- How to debug a React application
Need different skills or topics? If your team requires different topics or tools, additional skills or custom approach, this course may be further adjusted to accommodate. We offer additional React, web development and design courses which may be blended with this course for a track that best suits your development objectives.
Please see the Related Courses tab for specific Pre-Requisite courses, Related Courses that offer similar skills or topics, and next-step Follow-On Courses and Learning Path recommendations.
Student Materials: Each participant will receive a Student Guide with course notes, code samples, software tutorials, step-by-step written lab instructions, diagrams and related reference materials and resource links. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work. Any courseware of lab materials provided in a cloud (if applicable) will also be made available to you separately.
Hands-On Setup Made Simple! Our dedicated tech team will work with you to ensure our ‘easy-access’ cloud-based course environment, or local installation, is accessible, fully-tested and verified as ready to go well in advance of the course start date, ensuring a smooth start to class and effective learning experience for all participants. We can also help you install this course locally if preferred. Please inquire for details and options.
Every-Course Extras = High-Value & Long-Term Learning Support! All Public Schedule courses include our unique EveryCourse Extras package (Post-Course Resource Site access with Review Labs & Live Instructor Follow-on Support, access to QuickSkills recorded High-Value lessons, Free *Live* Course Refresh Re-Takes, early access to Special Offers, Free Courses & more). Please inquire for details.