Working within an engaging, hands-on learning environment led by our Tableau expert practitioner, attendees will learn to:
· Understand Tableau terminology
· Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
· Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations
· Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations
· Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
· Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
· Share your visualizations with others.
· Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
· Represent your data using the following visualization types:
· Cross tabs
· Heat maps
· Distribution charts
· Tree maps
· Pie charts and bar charts
· Dual axis and combo charts with different mark types
· Box plots
· Highlight tables
· Scatter plots
Course Topics Quick View: This is the high-level list of the high-level topics address by this course. Please see the detailed Course Agenda or Training Plan below.
· Simplifying and Sorting Your Data
· Organizing Your Data
· Slicing Your Data by Date
· Using Multiple Measures in a View
· Showing the Relationship between Numerical Values
· Viewing Specific Values
· Customizing Your Data
· Analyzing Data with Quick Table Calculations
· Showing Breakdowns of the Whole
· Viewing Distributions
· Making Your Views Available