Introduction to React | React Essentials is a three-day hands-on course designed to get students quickly up and running with Core React skills. Geared for more experienced web developers new to React, this course provides students with the core knowledge and hands-on skills they require to build reliable, powerful React apps.
Throughought the course students will explore React fundamentals with a progressive, example-driven approach. You’ll create your first apps, learn how to write components, start handling user interaction, and manage rich forms. We end the first part by exploring the inner workings of Create React App (Facebook’s tool for running React apps), writing automated unit tests, and building a multi-page app that uses client-side routing.
- Students will build Single Page Applications (SPA), create robust routing with error handling, and both class and functional reusable components.
- The lab project will also include the use of form validation.
NOTE: This is a foundational course that explores how to build your first React application. Students who want a deeper dive, with more intermediate level topics such as Hooks, Routing, Unit Testing and more might consider the TT4195 Mastering React five-day superset of this class as an alternative.
*Ways To Learn*
- Attend a Class! For your convenience, this course is available on our online-live Public Schedule in full day format, or flexible hours half-day Mini-Camp short course sessions in AM or PM hours. Please see the current scheduled dates listed below. Please ask if you don't see a date you'd prefer. Be also be sure to check out our current Special Offers for extra savings.
- Team Training! We're also happy to deliver this as a private event for your team or organization, tailored to suit your needs. See our Training Solutions page for details.
- Trivera's Every-Course Extras bring High-Value & Long-Term Learning Support! All courses also include our unique EveryCourse Extras package (Post-Course Resource Site access with Review Labs & Live Instructor Follow-on Support, access to QuickSkills recorded High-Value lessons, Free *Live* Course Refresh Re-Takes, early access to Special Offers, Free Courses & more). Please inquire for details.
Working in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn about and explore:
- A basic and advanced understanding of React components
- An advanced, in-depth knowledge of how React works
- A complete understanding of using Redux
- How to build, validate, and populate interactive forms
- How to use inline styles for perfect looking components
- How to test React components
- How to build and use components
- How to get control of your build process
Please see the Related Courses tab for specific Pre-Requisite courses, Related Courses that offer similar skills or topics, and next-step Follow-On Courses and Learning Path recommendations.
Please note that this list of topics is based on our standard course offering, evolved from typical industry uses and trends. We’ll work with you to tune this course and level of coverage to target the skills you need most.
- ES6 Primer
- Prefer const and let over var
- Arrow functions
- Template literals
- The spread operator and Rest parameters
- Enhanced object literals
- Default arguments
- Destructuring assignments
- Your First React Web Application
- Setting up your development environment
- Code editor
- Node.js and npm
- Install Git
- Getting started
- Sample Code
- Previewing the application
- Prepare the app
- What’s a component?
- Our first component
- The developer console
- Building The App
- Making The App data-driven
- The data model
- Using props
- Rendering multiple products
- Your app’s first interaction
- Propagating the event
- Binding custom component methods
- Using state
- Setting state with this.setState()
- Updating state and immutability
- Refactoring with the Babel plugin transform-class-properties
- Babel plugins and presets
- Property initializers
- Refactoring The App
- Refactoring The List
- JSX and the Virtual DOM
- React Uses a Virtual DOM
- Why Not Modify the Actual DOM?
- What is a Virtual DOM?
- Virtual DOM Pieces
- Experimenting with ReactElement
- Rendering Our ReactElement
- Adding Text (with children)
- JSX Creates Elements
- JSX Attribute Expressions
- JSX Conditional Child Expressions
- JSX Boolean Attributes
- JSX Comments
- JSX Spread Syntax
- JSX Gotchas
- JSX Summary
Student Materials: Each participant will receive a Student Guide with course notes, code samples, software tutorials, step-by-step written lab instructions, diagrams and related reference materials and resource links. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work. Any courseware of lab materials provided in a cloud (if applicable) will also be made available to you separately.
Hands-On Setup Made Simple! Our dedicated tech team will work with you to ensure our ‘easy-access’ cloud-based course environment, or local installation, is accessible, fully-tested and verified as ready to go well in advance of the course start date, ensuring a smooth start to class and effective learning experience for all participants. We can also help you install this course locally if preferred. Please inquire for details and options.
Every-Course Extras = High-Value & Long-Term Learning Support! All Public Schedule courses include our unique EveryCourse Extras package (Post-Course Resource Site access with Review Labs & Live Instructor Follow-on Support, access to QuickSkills recorded High-Value lessons, Free *Live* Course Refresh Re-Takes, early access to Special Offers, Free Courses & more). Please inquire for details.