Understanding BDD, TDD, and Unit Testing is a lecture and discussion workshop designed to provide project stakeholders with an in-depth understanding of Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD) and the relationship between the two approaches. Students will explore these approaches in detail while developing an appreciation for how unit testing is an integral part of the process. This in an introductory and beyond-level course for Executives, technical managers, test professionals, test managers, project leaders, quality analysts and developers who wish to learn about Behavior/Test Driven Development using Unit Testing.
Working in an engaging learning environment led by our expert practitioner, participants will explore:
- BDD and TDD
- Test-Driven Development: Test, code, refactor, repeat;The ROI of TDD; Rationale; Advantages; Tools
- Behavior-Driven Development: Extending TDD into the Domain; Behavioral Specification; Domain-Specific Scripting; User Stories to Unit Testing; Tools
- Unit Testing: Purpose of Unit Testing; Good Unit Tests; Test Stages; Unit Testing Vs Integration Testing
- JUnit: How JUnit Works; Launching Tests
- Unit Testing Best Practices: "Good" Tests; Bad Smells; White-Box Unit Testing; Black-Box Unit Testing; Automation and Coverage
Need different skills or topics? If your team requires different topics or tools, additional skills or custom approach, this course may be further adjusted to accommodate. We offer additional BDD, TDD, Test Automation, QA, Testingm Web Testing, Programming and other related topics that may be blended with this course for a track that best suits your needs. Our team will collaborate with you to understand your needs and will target the course to focus on your specific learning objectives and goals.
This in an intermediate-level course for Executives, technical managers, test professionals, test managers, project leaders, quality analysts and developers who wish to learn about Behavior/Test Driven Development using Unit Testing.
Please note that this list of topics is based on our standard course offering, evolved from typical industry uses and trends. We’ll work with you to tune this course and level of coverage to target the skills you need most.
Lesson: Introducing BDD and TDD
Lesson: Test-Driven Development
- Test, code, refactor, repeat
- The ROI of TDD
Lesson: Behavior-Driven Development
- Extending TDD into the Domain
- Behavioral Specification
- Domain-Specific Scripting
- User Stories to Unit Testing
Session: Unit Testing
Lesson: JUnit Overview
- Purpose of Unit Testing
- Good Unit Tests
- Test Stages
- Unit Testing Vs Integration Testing
Lesson: Jumpstart: JUnit
- JUnit Overview
- How JUnit Works
- Launching Tests
Lesson: Unit Testing Best Practices
- "Good" Tests
- Bad Smells
- White-Box Unit Testing
- Black-Box Unit Testing
- Automation and Coverage
Each student will receive a digital handout with course notes, code samples and related reference materials and links (as applicable).