The course begins with a solid introduction to the core features of the Angular CLI and TypeScript. You’ll then jump right into a hands-on exploration of component-driven development with Angular components, covering data-binding, directives, services, SPA routing, the RxJS library, forms, unit testing, and HTTP/REST. You’ll also learn how to add authentication, use the Material library, make custom directives, write an E2E/Protractor test, and increase their application's efficiency by lazy loading modules.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a well-built but simple application up and running that incorporates components(to show sections of the website), directives (to dynamically display the interactive components), custom pipes(to format and filter the content), reactive forms (to creatively display interactive forms), routes (SPA- to allow the almost instantaneous navigation to different pages/sections of the application), services(to allow mocking and the abstraction of the data model for speed and maintenance), unit testing (to allow for the constant testing, and regression testing needed in today’s TDD world), and the REST API (to interact with the web server for data in a modern and efficient manner through JSON/XML). You’ll have also learned how to implement the Material library (for more professional/modern looking web pages), as well as explored including lazy loading modules (for better performance and best practices) and E2E testing (using Protractor to simulate user testing for a more complete testing solution).
The lab intensive course includes plenty of hands-on lab work designed to immerse you in the skills required to get you up and running with Angular right away. By the end of this course, you’ll have a well-built application up and running that incorporates components, directives, custom pipes, reactive forms, routes, services, unit testing, and the REST API. You’ll have also learned how to implement the Material library, as well as explored including lazy loading modules and E2E testing.
Working in a hands-on learning environment guided by our expert team, you’ll explore:
- What Angular is and why should you use it
- How Angular reduces the amount of code that you must write to add rich functionality to both existing and new web pages
- What TypeScript is, why it is useful, and how to use it with Angular
- How to facilitate development and deployment using Angular CLI
- How to work with the various aspects of the Angular architecture to implement clean, responsive web interfaces
- How Routers can support navigation within a Single Page Application
- What the best practices are for using Angular so that it works unobtrusively and performs well
- How to use Angular with HTTP to support JSON, REST, and other services
- Working with Angular Ivy and the Ahead of Time (AOT) compiler including its impact of developers and the development process
- How to manage routing decisions based on pre-defined criteria such as a successful authentication
- How to meet huge data requirements by processing asynchronous data streams with RxJS
- Simplify server-side rendering with Angular Universal
- How to facilitate unit testing and perform enterprise testing with E2E/Protractor testing
- Optimize Angular applications with various tools and techniques
Need different skills or topics? If your team requires different topics or tools, additional skills or custom approach, this course may be easily adjusted to accommodate. We offer additional Angular and web development and design courses which may be blended with this course for a track that best suits your development objectives.
Take Instead: We offer other courses that provide different levels of knowledge or focus:
- TT4165 Introduction to Angular Essentials (3-day subset of this course)
Follow-on Courses / Take After: Our core training courses provide students with a solid foundation for continued learning based on role, goals, or their areas of specialty. Our web developer learning paths offer a wide variety of continued learning paths such as:
- Intermediate and beyond Angular training
- Additional Full Stack training, MEANStack, React, Node.js, mobile development, UX/UI or other next level web development courses
Please see the Related Courses tab for specific Pre-Requisite courses, Related Courses that offer similar skills or topics, and next-step Follow-On Courses and Learning Path recommendations.
Student Materials: Each participant will receive a Student Guide with course notes, code samples, software tutorials, step-by-step written lab instructions, diagrams and related reference materials and resource links. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work. Any courseware of lab materials provided in a cloud (if applicable) will also be made available to you separately.
Hands-On Setup Made Simple! Our dedicated tech team will work with you to ensure our ‘easy-access’ cloud-based course environment, or local installation, is accessible, fully-tested and verified as ready to go well in advance of the course start date, ensuring a smooth start to class and effective learning experience for all participants. We can also help you install this course locally if preferred. Please inquire for details and options.
Every-Course Extras = High-Value & Long-Term Learning Support! All Public Schedule courses include our unique EveryCourse Extras package (Post-Course Resource Site access with Review Labs & Live Instructor Follow-on Support, access to QuickSkills recorded High-Value lessons, Free *Live* Course Refresh Re-Takes, early access to Special Offers, Free Courses & more). Please inquire for details.
te hands-on work in class, and to revisit to review or refresh skills at any time. Students will also receive the project files (or code, if applicable) and solutions required for the hands-on work.