Conversation as an interface is the best way for machines to interact with us using the universally accepted human tool that is language. Chatbots and voice user interfaces are two flavors of conversational UIs. Chatbots are real-time, data-driven answer engines that talk in natural language and are context-aware. Voice user interfaces are driven by voice and can understand and respond to users using speech.
Chatbots and Conversational UI Development with Neural Networks is a fast-paced, hand-on course that explores both types of conversational UIs by leveraging APIs from multiple platforms. We'll take a project-based approach to understand how these UIs are built and the best use cases for deploying them. We'll start by building a simple messaging bot from the Facebook Messenger API to understand the basics of bot building. Then we move on to creating a Task model that can perform complex tasks such as ordering and planning events with the newly-acquired-by-Google Dialogflow and Microsoft Bot framework. We then turn to voice-enabled UIs that are capable of interacting with users using speech with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Our engaging instructors and mentors are highly-experienced practitioners who bring years of current, modern "on-the-job" modern applied AI and machine learning experience into every classroom and hands-on project. Working in a hands-on lab environment led by our expert instructor, attendees will
- Understand the different use cases of Conversational UIs with this project-based guide
- Build feature-rich Chatbots and deploy them on multiple platforms
- Get real-world examples of voice-enabled UIs for personal and home assistance.
- Cover advanced and state-of-the-art neural network architectures
- Understand the theory and math behind neural networks
- Train DNNs and apply them to modern deep learning problems
- Use CNNs for object detection and image segmentation
- Implement generative adversarial networks (GANs) and variational autoencoders to generate new images
- Solve natural language processing (NLP) tasks, such as machine translation, using sequence-to-sequence models
- Understand DL techniques, such as meta-learning and graph neural networks
Need different skills or topics? If your team requires different topics or tools, additional skills or custom approach, this course may be further adjusted to accommodate. We offer additional AI, machine learning, deep learning, Intelligent web developent, programming and other related topics that may be blended with this course for a track that best suits your needs. Our team will collaborate with you to understand your needs and will target the course to focus on your specific learning objectives and goals.
This in an intermediate-level course is geared for attendees who wish to create their own line of chatbots and voice UIs for multiple leading platforms.
Attending students should have the following incoming skills:
- Basic to Intermediate IT Skills.
- Basic coding syntax skills are helpful. Attendees without a programming background like Python may view labs as follow along exercises or team with others to complete them.
- Good foundational mathematics or logic skills
- Basic Linux skills, including familiarity with command-line options such as ls, cd, cp, and su
Please see the Related Courses tab for specific Pre-Requisite courses, Related Courses that offer similar skills or topics, and next-step Learning Path recommendations.
Please note that this list of topics is based on our standard course offering, evolved from typical industry uses and trends. We will work with you to tune this course and level of coverage to target the skills you need most.
- Conversational user interfaces
- Developer's toolkit
- Chatbots are here to stay
Tour Guide for Your City
- Getting started
- Building your first bot
- Basic building blocks
- Default blocks
- Next steps
- More cards
- Managing context
- Understanding natural language
- Backend processing
- Bot templates
Let's Talk Weather
- Conversational tasks
- Conversational design
- Backend tasks
- Implementing the chatbot
- Creating a chatbot web service
- Publishing on Facebook Messenger
- More Facebook message formats
Building a Persona Bot
Let's Catch a Train
- Exploring Transport API
- Conversational design
- Building a simple SMS bot
- Building a two-way chatbot
- MS Bot Framework
- Building a bot
- Getting started with Zomato
- Restaurant search bot
- Connecting to Skype
The News Bot
- Getting started with the Twitter app
- Building your first Twitter bot
- Exploring the Twitter SDK
- Exploring a news data service
- Building a Twitter news bot
- Building a personalized news bot
My TV Guide
- Amazon Alexa
- Warming up with a quotes bot
- My TV guide
- Built-in intents and slot types
My Man Friday
- To-do List
- Building an action
Hands-on Setup Made Simple! All course materials, data sets, course software / notebooks, course notes and related resources (as applicable) are provided for attendees in our easy access, no installation required, remote lab environment for the duration of the course. Our tech team will help set up, test and verify lab access for each attendee prior to the course start date, ensuring a smooth start to class and successful hands-on course experience for all participants.